SPECIAL HONORS AND AWARDS
· 2011 Samuel Mazzuchelli Medallion for empowering others, Sinsenawa Dominican Sisters
· 2010 MBA Outstanding Faculty Award, Edgewood College
· 2009 Estervig-Beaubien Outstanding Professor Award, Edgewood College, for excellence in Teaching and Mentoring.
· Served on the Editorial Board for the Encyclopedia of Business Ethics and Society, published in 2008 by Sage Publications, winner of the “2008 Choice Outstanding Academic Title" and voted “outstanding” business reference by the Reference and Users Association of the American Library Association.
· Wisconsin Campus Compact Community-Based Learning Practitioner Award, Nominee, 2008
· Faculty Pioneers in Business and Society, Aspen Institute, Nominee, 2007
· Thomas Ehrlich Faculty Award for Service Learning, Nominee, 2005
· Edgewood College Engaged Fellows Faculty Learning Community, 2005-2006.
· Sam M. Walton Free Enterprise Fellow, Edgewood College, 2003-Present.
· Editorial Board Member for Encyclopedia of Business Ethics and Society, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Academic Ethics, Organization & Environment.
· Board of Governance, Social Issues in Management Division, Academy of Management, 1995-1998.
· Board of Directors, International Association for Business and Society, 1995.
· The Invisible College, a national organization of Service Learning Educators, 1995.
· Finalist, Academy of Management’s Distinguished Educator Award, 1996.
· Three times voted outstanding MBA faculty member at University of Wisconsin-Madison in
Business Week survey of alumni in The Best B Schools: Ranking America's Top B-Schools,
In-Depth Profiles of Over 50 MBA Programs, 1993, 1995 & 1997 editions.
· Lawrence J. Larson Excellence in Teaching Award, School of Business, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1994.
· 1996-97 Wisconsin Union Directorate Distinguished Lecture Series Presentation.
· Symposium on "Community Involvement Projects as a Method for Reducing Barriers to Understanding" at the National Academy of Management Meeting was chosen as an All-Academy Showcase Symposium, August 1994.
· Honorary Member: Phi Kappa Phi, National Honor Society, 1996.
· Beta Gamma Sigma, National Business Honor Society, 1989.
· Vera Court Community Center Service Award, 1996.
· Richard D. Irwin Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship in Business and Economics,
1990-1991. For research on nonunion companies with gainsharing plans.
· Giant Eagle Foundation Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh, 1989-1990.
· Men of Achievement; Who's Who in the Midwest; Who's Who in the World; Who's Who in American Education; Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers; International Who’s Who of Public Service.
Back to Home Page